Temp Product Development / Sourcing Associate
18305 E. San Jose Ave City of Industry, CA 91748
Title: Temp PD / Sourcing Associate
End: 6 weeks, possible extension
Onsite, 5 days per week
Location: City of Industry, CA
Pay rate: $25 per hour
Works on production projects by partnering with the Merchant team to develop apparel from conception to finalized products. Works with direct sourcing partners to provide timely and fashionable product to customers and contribute to increase the profit margin for the brand.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Negotiates appropriate costs and deliverables with sourcing partners to ensure the best profit margin for the products is achieved; ensures tech pack turnovers to sourcing partners and factories.
- Manages production process from point of conception to finished product.
- Works closely with buyers and Product Development team to ensure buyer’s vision of the product is achieved during the sourcing process; follow up with the design team on technical design package and chart production flow; communicates with the vendors to make accurate counter samples.
- Obtains approvals for fabric, lab dip, and trims.
- Handles on-going communication with sourcing partners and resolves all production issues through teaming with appropriate business partners.
- Communicates with related business partners regarding product development progress to the assigned categories; alerts the partners of any unexpected issues and negotiates resolutions with factories.
- Ensures production calendar is updated and monitored.
- Liaisons with Import, Vendor Relations, and Traffic teams to ensure inbound merchandises are properly coordinated for on-time delivery.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Minimum 3 years of product development/sourcing experience in retail or wholesale.
- Experience with Knit Tops preferred
- 2 year college degree. BA or BS a plus.
- Knowledge of technical design, fabric, yarns, knit and woven construction.
- Knowledge of print technique.
- Experience with duties and import limitations.
- Knowledge of time and action and production calendars.