1400 Broadway, 15th Floor New York, NY 10018
Title: Technical Designer with kids experience
Company Description: The company designs and manufactures a wide variety of denim, apparel and accessories, and has earned a distinguished reputation for quality and excellence.
Location: New York, NY
· Open minded-eager to learn and follow new procedures for technical design.
· Collaborate with designers in the creation styles Tech Packs across multiple divisions.
· Be a proactive team player in garment fitting sessions across multiple divisions; creating fit
lists and maintain the fit session schedule.
· Evaluate samples for fit over model or mannequin in live or virtual scenarios as need it; in order to evaluate, improve and maintain the desire fit, following design direction.
· Able work in Kids Garment Categories.
· Proven skills in developing Denim Garments technical packages.
- Experienced working with Browzwear/Lotta/Style zone software a plus.
· Create accurate and precise fit comments to indicate overseas factories how to improve
garment fit and desire aesthetics.
· Measure samples coming from the factories or from our sample room to be prepare to be for
· Collaborate with design to translate design aesthetics to the styles in development.
· Create, maintain base size specs and fit comments capturing the design updates and samples pictures design & construction details trough the line developments for future production.
· Experience in maintaining grade charts for knit or woven garments.
· Maintain detailed library of samples and matching measuring specs for each season.
· Minimum 5 years of experience in technical design.
· Skilled in measuring knits and woven garments in all relevant garment categories.
· Pattern making and garment construction knowledge.
· Organized and methodic able to work with PLM system or in excel.
· Able to work in fast pace environment.
· Self-driven with good send of urgency following seasonal deadlines