Zico Retail Activation Specialist (SF)
111 SF Way San Francisco, CA 94016
ZICO® Coconut Water is a pioneer of the explosive coconut water category. We are on a mission to help consumers switch from unhealthy beverages to the healthy replenishment of ZICO 100% Coconut Water. We believe in healthy, natural, balanced living; in having fun while working hard; in learning, and growing while giving back.
This position is primarily responsible for maintaining product availability and merchandising products in compliance with company standards at all designated accounts. This includes cold and ambient product placement, building displays, updating POS, maintain clean and organized back-room. Meet customer service expectations through daily communication, problem solution and appropriate follow up. Maintains professional, team relationship with co-workers and customers at store level. Full product knowledge is required. The ideal candidate works under limited supervision, works hard, is a self-starter, and is looking to be a part of an exciting, innovative company that’s making a difference.
The position is a short-term contract role with strong growth potential.
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Report directly to local Regional Marketing Manager
- Act as an enthusiastic ambassador for the brand
- Work independently and remotely
- Maintain in-store / sales team relationships
- Ensure product is on-shelf and available in all designated areas of the store with proper signage and favorable shelf placement.
- Maximize sales while keeping expenses to a minimum (within budget guidelines)
- Enhance retail presence by building, setting, securing and moving in-store displays and placing point of sale materials
- Responsible for check/hang/point of sale materials
- Responsible for proper product rotation on shelves and complying with proper product rotation standards for product freshness and quality.
- Deliver timely reporting daily; including any notice of out of stocks
- Report back to Regional Marketing Manager with in-store executional issues or opportunities
- Attend planning calls with Regional Marketing Manager and distribution partners
- Foster relationships with store managers in an effort to sell-in more space for ZICO® at accounts
- Become a subject matter expert and share key product messages to encourage purchase intent
- Present a professional appearance and wear specifically required apparel
- Organize back rooms of stores and condense back stock each time in store to keep these areas clean at all times.
- Responsible to collaborate with Regional Marketing Manager on identifying areas of opportunity within assigned geography
- Responsible for servicing the route assigned (8-12 stores per day); subject to vary based on market.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, with at least 95% of time spent visiting stores; sometimes weekends
- Must live in and have a strong geographic knowledge of the market
- Valid driver’s license and clear MVR (motor vehicle report)
- Prior sales experience a plus
- Proven ability to self-manage a workload and communicate proactively
- Organization and planning skills
- Highly self-motivated and proactive
- Excellent trouble-shooting and problem-solving abilities
- Exceptional interpersonal and communications skills (verbal/written) with the ability to interact effectively internally as well as with external contacts
- Energetic and confident when engaging with consumers, sales and store managers
- All final candidates will be asked to complete a background check including driving record, education, employment and criminal records.
- Open minded and adaptive to change
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Must be able to climb stairs/ladders, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk, hear, and reach with both hands and arms repetitively throughout the day.
- Must have good vision (close, color vision, peripheral, depth perception, adjust focus).
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. repetitively throughout day.
- Must be willing to adapt to various environments including but not limited to: Extreme cold (coolers), grocery stores, enclosed spaces, high places (second stories/stoops) and dusty areas.
Compensation: Very competitive hourly salary with benefit options and growth potential
Qualified Candidates: please send resume & cover letter to: FM@coca-cola.com
JBCStyle is a staffing agency partner of ZICO® Coconut Water and Coca-Cola™. JBCStyle was founded in 2006 and headquartered in NYC, with offices and an extensive network worldwide. JBCStyle is an equal opportunity employer and offers benefits to full-time and part-time employees including, medical, dental, vision and Paid Time-Off (PTO). No third- party recruiters please.