Los Angeles Los Angeles, California 90232
Job Title: Web Designer
Description: LA-based Fashion lifestyle brand seeks a Web Designer who will be responsible for the design and layouts of their e-comm platform.
- Responsible for clarifying goals, conceptualizing, planning and implementing all directed projects.
- Presents proposed deck and/or layout options, which should include all design elements such as: understanding UX, flow, functionality, comps, templates, options and finished solutions.
- Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Develops site content and graphics by coordinating with copywriters and graphic artists to design images, icons, banners, etc.
- Works directly with E-commerce Manager to keep the site up-to-date and prioritize all upcoming needs.
- Collaborates with all cross-functional teams, including PR/marketing, merchandising, retail, and social media to execute the brand vision.
- Partners directly with in-house graphics team to help with photo editing / re-touching and to maintain brand consistency across all channels.
- Responsible for direct communication with web host and their engineering team
Desired Skills and Experience:
UX/UI Experience, Advanced knowledge of software programs including Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver), Acrobat Pro, and the Microsoft Office Suite. Basic HTML and CSS knowledge in addition to proficiency in web design and development software is preferred.
Computer science; digital media production; graphic design; information technology; multimedia web design; web design; understanding of UX, Web Graphic Design, Web Savvy, Planning, Web User Interface Design, Web Programming Skills, Teamwork, Illustration Tools, Understanding Browser Capabilities, Internet Presence, Verbal Communication
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or related field
- At least 3-5 years of experience in the same capacity
- 3+ years UX/UI experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with other staff, employees and others with whom the company conducts business
- Detail oriented