Vice President, Operations
. New York, NY 10010
Company Description: children's lifestyle fashion + accessories brand
Location: New York, NY
- Lead all operational aspects of new the company's product development.
- Be responsible for the company delivering exceptional customer service.
- Lead set up of ERP system and ensuring EDI compliance.
- Develop and oversee strategies in B2B & B2C Supply Chain Operations, Fulfillment , and Logistics.
- Ensure accurate, timely, and complete delivery of all B2B & B2C orders for both wholesale and retail in order to strengthen vendor and customer experience.
- Establish processes and standards for supply chain, vendor management, packaging, and overall business operations to minimize costs and maximize margins.
- Manage existing warehouse relationships, ensuring quality service, and identify new domestic and international warehouses to work with.
- Work closely with internal and external finance teams to ensure accounts are in good standing, flag potential delinquencies, and track pre-payments according to internal shipping policies.
- Routinely review, bid, and negotiate freight and courier rates.
- Identify the most cost effective service and packaging for E-Commerce orders.
- Own the warehouse inventory and stock levels.
- Partner with Production team to ensure wholesale order accuracy and timeliness, communicating any potential risks to the Sales team.
- Maintain and update ERP on a regular basis for all participating departments.
- Create an efficient SKU and barcode system.
- Identifying hiring needs and leading recruiting processes.
- Lead employees to encourage maximum performance and dedication.
- Establish policies that promote company culture and vision.
- Work collaboratively to develop and/or improve systems, processes, controls, and procedures that improve the overall efficiency of the firm and ensure excellent client service.
- Manage relationships with partners/vendors, including with providers of information technology services.
- Manage benefits, payroll, vacation usage, and overtime.
- Participate in expansion activities such as investments, acquisitions, corporate alliances, etc.
- Set comprehensive goals for performance and growth.
- Evaluate performance by analyzing and interpreting data and metrics and identifying opportunities for continued growth and efficiency.
- Identify methods to improve quality, efficiency and productivity, reduce costs, increase profits, or improve control measures.
- Completed Bachelor's Degree in business, supply chain, or a related field.
- Min. of 8-10+ years of experience working in operations, logistics, and/or supply chain preferably both implementing operations from the ground up.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, including logistics P&L budgeting and management skills.
- Clear and succinct communication skills, effective for all levels of the organization.
- Exceptional in MS office including the ability to manipulate and analyze large data sets in Excel (vlookups, pivot tables, etc.).
- Knowledge of customs practices, incoterms, and transport modes (intermodal, sea, air, truck).
- Knowledge of small parcel shipping methods, LTL, last mile, etc.
- Excellent problem solver.
- Competitive Salary Base
- Health Insurance Coverage
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Observed Company Holidays
- Product Gratis
- Employee Discounts