VP of Planning and Allocation
Los Angeles Los Angeles, CA 90210
Title: VP of Planning and Allocation
Location: LA Area OPEN TO RELOCATION
Company Description: Iconic Global Fashion Brand
- Providing functional expertise as a partner to Merchants, Operations, Finance, Company Planning, Store Operations, eCommerce and Marketing to achieve agreed upon financial targets
- Developing and implementing strategies that maximize inventory performance.
- Developing and managing seasonal and annual merchandise plans for sales, gross margins, and inventory; proactively identifying and implementing ways to improve performance diagnostics and providing early warning risks and opportunities.
- Develop multi-year Planning strategy that supports brand initiatives
- Activate and operationalize strategies that produce clear ROI to five year LRP
- Developing in-season sales trending, inventory forecasts and margin projections; managing weekly, monthly and quarterly Open-to-buy, Inventory and Receipt plans; proactively interfacing with department leadership as necessary to ensure creation of accurate, timely and insightful analysis.
- Ensuring integrity of sales, inventory, markdown and promotional planning and forecasting.
- Optimizing inventory flow to stores to maximize sales and gross margin in the stores and partnering closely with management to manage on-going inventory levels.
- Assess existing and implement new systems
- Analyzing current sales, inventory and margin trends, market data, benchmarking, as well as historical data to course correct in-season inventory to maximize margins; focusing team on action-based results versus simply reporting.
- Assessing impact of price change and special events; assessing price position relative to top-line and margin realization in keeping with category positioning
- 15+ years of progressively responsible experience in inventory management, with the majority of that experience in a merchandise planning and allocation roles for companies with revenues >$500M.
- Multi-unit retail experience required.
- 4 Year degree in Business or related field, MBA preferred
- Proven ability to build strong business relationships at all levels throughout an organization.
- Experience as a strategic thinker and the ability to effectively translate strategies into financial plans.
- Demonstrated success at driving real sales growth versus simply maximizing risks; a track record of risk-taking and positively impacting sales and margin dollars.
- Ability to train and educate the organization on process and system best practices to maximize sales/margins with appropriate inventory levels