VP of Design
231 W 39th st New York, NY 10018
Title: VP of Design
Company Description: Women's Denim Brand
-Responsible for trend and market research through travel, shopping and on-line research
• Identify and confirm all fabric and colors for each season, in line with Merchandising price point parameters
• Perform all fabric, trim and lab dip approvals
• Create and sketch all seasonal styles, representing trends and covering Merchandising/Sales needs.
• Upkeep of all Spec packages (TP) from prototype to production phase.
• Responsible for all fittings, comments and pattern work
• Review all styles for final fit approval throughout the sampling process.
• Keep accurate and up to date development recaps for fabric, prototype and sales sample requests, photo shoot sample request, etc.
• Work closely with other team members (fit tech, merchandising, sales) to ensure all
information is communicated efficiently and effectively
• Review and approve all charges from agents for samples.
• Work with Sales and Merchandising to achieve pyramid structure and balance of basic, fashion and trend styles within prescribed line size.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in women’s apparel merchandising and design in a leadership position. Denim experience is an asset.
- Strong administration, communication and organizational skills
- Knowledge of Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- High level of comfort working with and learning a variety of computer applications (i.e. Microsoft Word/Excel,email, PLM etc.)
- Knowledge of pattern, garment construction and product development required