Temporary UI Designer, Home
625 Madison Avenue New York, NY 10022
Job Title: Temporary UI Designer, Home
Duration: ASAP – TBD
The Temporary UI Designer will work collaboratively within a talented and motivated team to create engaging digital experiences that drive value for our customers. You will develop responsive design systems for the website, with a specific focus on our Home brand - taking a lead role in redefining the user experience for the Home consumer - crafting experiences which deliver best in class commerce experiences and innovative platform design which elevates our brand presence digitally.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
· Develop impactful UX strategies that support Brand creative & Marketing strategies, focused on the home brand.
· Create a best in class consumer experience that meets the specific needs for consumers shopping Home product
· Understand and evaluate opportunities for improvement across the breadth of the digital journey
· Deliver compelling, innovative UI concepts, immersing users in the World of the brand.
· Deliver designs that utilize our UI Design library, driving coherence and continuity to the brand aesthetic across various digital channels.
· Experience in prototyping UI interactions and incorporating motion/animation into new inspiring brand experiences.
· Create and execute user-centered designs for Home products that differentiate our brand in the industry
· Work closely with Creative brand leads to develop and execute performant user experiences
· Seek ways to enhance e-commerce experience (focusing on mobile and responsive design first)
· Excellent communication and organizational skills.
· Able to present creative and work closely with key cross-functional partners, external agencies & vendors as needed.
· Ensure creative output is consistent and delivered to brief with a strong attention to detail.
· Generate detailed design specs and work closely with developers to ensure final product is to the highest fidelity and standard
Experience, Skills, and Knowledge
· Bachelor’s Degree (Graphic Design or similar preferred)
· 2+ years of digital experience
· Ideally experienced working within the Home sector or similar
· Advanced skills in Sketch & Photoshop
· Adobe Creative Suite knowledge
· Strong experience with applicable prototyping software (e.g: Principle)
· Knowledge of CSS3, HTML and responsive design
· Experience in motion design & animation is a plus
· Strong understanding of web standards and latest web technologies, image optimization and cross-browser compatibility