Temporary Technical Designer
San Francisco, CA 94105
- Temporary Technical Designer
- Start ASAP; FT hours
- 6 weeks in duration
- Operates as an Individual Contributor who may lead or manage to communicate and execute the transition of product styles from design concept end to end.
- Builds critical partnerships with cross functional teams (Design, Merchandising, Product Development, Technical Development, vendor partners, etc.)
- Drives cross-functional influence without direct authority.
- Ensure overall Customer fit consistency and provide fit approvals when necessary.
- Demonstrate a sound understanding of design, merchandising, and product development priorities.
- Lead fit sessions, construction approval, and documentation to all business partners to meet guidelines.
- Support the development of tools (patterns, blocks, etc.) to achieve optimal and consistent fit.
- Leverage technical knowledge and leadership support to troubleshoot and resolve issues that are unique in nature and may require a novel approach.
- Effectively communicate fit intent, balance and construction across all channels & markets.
- Identify potential production, quality and costing issues and make recommendations to ensure brand integrity.
- Evaluate garment to determine compliance of specs, construction and fit intent.
- Track and manage workflow and workload for own product or team.
- Recommend raw material components to meet brand standard and uphold design intent.
San Francisco, CA