Temporary Junior Patternmaker (LA)
1318 E. 7th St. Suite 260 Los Angeles, CA 90021
Denim Client based in LA
Temporary Junior Patternmaker (Part-Time)
- Start ASAP
- 3 days per week
- 6 weeks in duration
- Create development patterns and make changes and edits on the Gerber system. Will make production patterns as needed
- Translate the design sketch and or sample into a first pattern using Gerber software on PC.
- Work with design/pre production team on fit specifics
- Create pattern card with all necessary information including final spec measurements and hand off to sample maker team.
- Along with delivering pattern card to sample maker, provide advice and or input on the right techniques to construct the garment.
- Ability to create novelty pattern work
- Receive completed sample from sample maker team and measure for accuracy.
- Attend development/production fittings of samples with design and pre production team.
- Review with team fit technician notes for any pattern adjustments needed to produce final spec measurements and development/production pattern to be handed off.
- Work with sample room on sewing construction based off patterns.
- Maintain a library of good basic patterns as a reference
- Organization patterns, and should adhere to ongoing timelines as needed
Education and Experience:
- Minimum 2-3 years’ of Pattern Making experience
- Must have a minimum of 1-2 years of 1st – production and denim experience (import and domestic fabric)
- Knowledge of Gerber systems
- Ability to digitize patterns preferred
- Knowledge of denim, denim shrinkage, twill and woven fabrics.
- Candidate must have experience with PC systems such as Outlook email, MS Word, and basic MS Excel
- Associates Degree from college or university preferred