Temporary Facilities Role, North Carolina
-- High Point, NC 27260
Job Title: Temporary Facilities Support
Location: High Point, North Caroline (and neighboring locations)
Duration: ASAP - TBD
Maintenance and upkeep of North Carolina campus Distribution Centers. Repair and maintain machinery and equipment such as conveyor systems and components, (Gear reducers, bearings, conveyor belts, barcode scanners, Servo drives and motors, photo cells etc.) Electric motors, Motor controls, production machines and equipment. Repair and maintain facilities to include lighting, general electrical, plumbing, sheetrock, painting, concrete repair and general construction techniques Hydraulics and Pneumatics.
• Complies with Lockout/Tagout program, applicable OSHA and equipment safety requirements.
• Troubleshoot, repair and conduct PM's on mechanical, electrical and electronic equipment.
• Ability to trouble shoot and work on system peripherals of PLC controls
• Conducts daily walk-through of facility noting deficiencies and initiating corrective action
• Uses computers to document maintenance and PM actions, parts usage in the CMMS
• Communicate effectively at all levels within the facility
• Operates powered lifting equipment, in support of the maintenance function
• Analyze, understand and apply equipment knowledge to process improvements.
• Ability to train others in mechanical, electrical and facility level roles.
• Performs all duties assigned to a Maintenance Technician B class and other duties as assigned with limited supervision.
Experience, Skills, Knowledge
• High School Diploma or Equivalent desired
• Two (2) years or more of documented related experience and/or technical, mechanical or electrical training.
• Two (2) years in electrical, mechanical or electronic in a maintenance work environment
• Requires knowledge and understanding of the distribution centers operational processes, conveying systems.
• Ability to read and interpret technical documentation, correspondence and policy instructions.
• Ability to use mathematic skills to perform simple calculations in a work environment.
• Ability to analyze a variety of systemic problems and based on the analysis, recommend and take proper course of action.
• Ability to stand for long periods of time, walk long distances, sit, climb, balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Ability to work heights of 40 ft or more, ability to lift and/or move up to 75lbs.
• Must have visual acuity, corrected or uncorrected which allows close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and color perception.