Remote Anaheim, CA 92806
Location: Remote/Anaheim, CA
End: Roughly 7 months
Key responsibilities include: purchase decisions, sales growth, inventory and gross margin management, brand management and interfacing with management, planning, allocation and design and product development. The Buyer will direct the activities of their classes in accordance with the approved plan; review results and implement appropriate action where required. Identify and manage emerging and declining trends in a timely manner. Buyer’s emphasis will be on private label along with key branded vendors.
- Driving sales and margins through vendor communication, internal design and product development, presenting new strategies and opportunities for sales and profits.
- Attend branded vendors appointments. Participate in the Private Label. Product Development process as appropriate. Purchase branded product from the branded market and Private Label. from in house Design/Product Development.
- Prepare for meetings and projects with Business Analysts (Planners, Allocation Staff, Merchandise and Management).
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree desired with 3-5 years retail buying experience in either specialty store or department store.
- Excellent knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Must have strong communication skills, providing direction to private label, design and product development team and brands.
- Ability to work as a team member
- Must be task driven and proactive when it comes to executing tasks
- Thorough knowledge of retail Math such as gross margin, open to buy calculations, initial markup calculations, turnover etc.