Temp to Perm Denim Designer
New York, New York 10018
Lifestyle fashion apparel client
Temp to Hire Denim designer
- Start ASAP
- FT hours onsite, ongoing, no set end date and potential to grow
- Inspire Senior design team through vintage research, market research, on-line research, and social networking to gather new ideas for development.
- Evaluate design presentations and aim for them to be inspirational, clear and focused with a goal for design approvals.
- Make timely design decisions in fit, styling, details, and wash that adhere to aesthetic/principals with an eye for detail and quality execution for proto, sales samples, and production.
- Create seasonal denim deliveries that adhere to line plans, and costing guidance of fabric, trims, details, wash, and development.
- Direct self to achieve all design calendar deadlines and milestones.
- Provide timely direction/approvals on fabric selections, wash development, fit, and styling.
- Oversee preparation/scheduling of all design meetings with an emphasis on innovative and focused presentations for design approvals.
- Provide recaps design specific recaps of design meetings
- Create and maintain seasonal design paginations
- Provide specific direction on execution of sales sample details to ensure highest quality aesthetic.
- Execute all fabric and wash hand-offs (paperwork and meetings)
- Execute tech pack developments and ensure proper execution/efficiency before hand-off.
- Maintain organization of design workspace, design keep samples, and inspiration samples.
- Set the standard of communication and teamwork.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Design with Denim focus
- Strong communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Hand sewing, embroidery, patch and repair
- PLM is a must
New York, NY