Temp to Hire Sales & Product Development Assistant
12955 S Chadron Ave Hawthorne, CA 90250
Job Summary: As Sales & Product Development Assistant, this person will be responsible for all sales (off price and international distribution), and product development needs. Assist in handling any elevated problems or special requests pertaining to priority accounts, supplying report information for management, assisting in major’s requests, and collaborating with Merchandising and Product Development Design teams. Coordinate with related departments regarding company sales, merchandising, and product development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare selling reports to update management and executive team
- Track off-price flash sale accounts and advise management and National Sales Director
- Manage off-price inventory, linesheets and flash sale calendar
- Track and manage Off Price and International Distributor PO’s, confirmations, shortages, extensions etc.
- Submit PO’s into Joor
- Facilitate style setup info for product development
- Assist with updating Distributor linesheet changes
- Assist in entering and maintaining fabric information in fabric database and fabric books
- Creates agendas for meetings and composes minutes, resolutions, etc.
- Attend local and out-of-state markets on as needed basis
- Coordinate with art and sampling teams on photo shoots to ensure samples are provided in a timely manner
- Organizes and archives documents, collateral, filing paperwork, etc.
- Schedule appointments, make changes to calendar etc. as necessary
- Assist Licensing & Sales Director and Piece Goods Purchaser on other tasks as needed
- High School Diploma required or its equivalent, Degree in Fashion Merchandising preferred
- 1-2 years analytical sales experience within the apparel industry
- Knowledgeable in Office Suite, Excel, Adobe Creative Suite, Vantage Point, Blue Cherry, Joor
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet demanding deadlines
- Able to keep organized
- Ability to handle multi-faceted projects with strong follow through
- Able to work independently, as well as collaborate as a team player
- Commitment to quality, motivated self-starter and takes ownership of work