Temp Womens Wovens Designer
XX New York, NY 10019
Temp Womens Woven Designer
• Move the brand forward; refine aesthetic to reach target consumer
• Sketch and illustrate jackets, pants, skirts, dresses, and tops in brand aesthetic
• Quickly provide sketch updates as line develops
• Understand and manage critical calendar dates and become acutely aware of all deadlines.
• Research trend right and brand relevant concepts, details and silhouettes
• Create and manage line sheets
• Create spec packages providing all necessary design direction
• Work closely with cross functional team to follow and trouble shoot product life from concept thru to production
• Manage correspondence with overseas office to answer design related questions
• Assist with ad hoc projects and work with the team as requests a
Experience, Skills and Knowledge:
• BA or BS degree in design related field
• 5+ years of related design experience, specifically in wovens
• Acute knowledge of wovens (Jackets, pants, skirts, dresses, shirts and tops), including fit, fabric, and styling.
• Organized and detail oriented.
• Able to make sure all appropriate deadlines are met and be able to communicate effectively with all parties involved in the process