Temp Technical Designer
x Anaheim, CA 92806
Title: Temp Technical Designer
Location: Orange County, CA
End: Roughly 4 weeks
Hours: M-F, full time
*Must have experience with men's denim and bottoms!
- Lead/direct fit session on live model with cross-functional teams (Design/Merchants/Product Development) to evaluate garment fit, constructions and styling details. Measure samples accurately.
- Ability to articulate the fit issues and present solutions during the fit session to cross functional teams.
- Accountable to resolve fit issues and to clearly communicate to vendors via WebPDM, illustrator and/or pattern corrections w/in a 24-72 hour turn time.
- Accurately apply grade rules and make pattern corrections in Gerber PDS
- Take ownership to maintain accuracy of WebPDM tech pack specs and construction pages.
- Establish and maintain library of patterns of basic blocks.
- Establish and maintain brand fit, spec and construction consistency.
- Collaborate with Design in initial stages of tech pack spec development. Translate design sketches and/or sample into spec and construction pages, review construction and keep cost efficient. Review tech packs prior to turn over for accuracy.
- Perform other related duties as assigned, create QA/Fit reports accurately.
- Degree in fashion design, apparel production or textiles
- Minimum 2-3 years of proven technical design experience
- Minimum of 2-5 years of pattern making experience
- Advance knowledge of garment construction, fabric characteristics and garment performance standards
- Working knowledge of Gerber PDS, WebPDM, Illustrator and Excel
- Demonstrate grading knowledge
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong prioritization and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment with a keen sense of urgency
- Ability to work as a team member across multiple cross-functional teams
- Ability to flex between multiple product categories w/ownership
- Demonstrate ability to adapt to changes and be self-motivated