Temp Senior Manager, Global Merchandising Strategy
28 W. 23rd Street, 8th Floor New York, NY 10010
Job Title: Temp Senior Manager, Global Merchandising Strategy
Company: Beauty Brand
Duration: 1+ year
Develop global assortment approach by channel, in alignment with overall commercial strategy and consumer-centric merchant mindset
• Responsible for formulating global merchandising strategy and developing assortment model by channel
• Provide global direction in core product assortment and management
• Prioritize and formulate development need for channel specific product innovation
• Support other channels (SMC, Travel Retail or Online) by defining the need for channel innovation or offering and integrating it in the global calendar.
• Connect the dots across product sell-through data, consumer insights, region/affiliate ground intelligence, Travel Retail and Online to create assortment and retail marketing strategies
Design and drive global vision for retail FSS offerings
• Drive continuous improvement of retail service model to improve consumer experience and drive sales.
• Identify collaborations and non-Brand products to complete offerings
• Partner with Global Retail and Brand Creative team on existing store, model modernization and participate in new store concepts
• Work closely with regions to facilitate the adoption of tools and processes for retail
• Develop integrated vision and guidelines on key in-store aspects of FSS experience (e.g. calendar of assets, merchandising available to regions, technology experience, store design/VM design)
• Integrate and partner with vendors and GIS for all in-store technology
• Partner with global SD/VM in driving the in-store development of VM principles, product display, seasonal distortions and all on counter engagement tools
• Support the development of regional retail concept evolution (e.g. adapt to skincare) to navigation, storytelling and services
Lead the innovation of retail marketing strategies
• Partnering with Creative and Marketing, lead from global the development of 360 integrated retail marketing strategies, campaigns and calendar, with the aim to enhance sales and brand equity (recruitment opportunities and consumer engagement)
• Drive global vision to animate FSS footprint through seasonal displays/animation
• Ensure Regions & Markets will be supported on their efforts to customize the Retail Calendar planning by channel & retailer; support successful go-to-market executions in the regions.
• Structure and implement feedback process for product innovation needs across regional merchandising and brand teams and create prioritization framework.
• Aggregate and analyze POS data across channels to identify and maximize business opportunities.
• With input from Creative, oversee the event strategy providing robust executional guidelines, create and enhance new store opening programs from a commercial perspective.
Close collaboration with Online partners on the Global DTC experience and offering
• Ensure a coordinated merchandising and marketing effort across DTC channel (Store, Site, Mobile, Customer service, etc.)
• Support from a merchandising perspective the evolution of new product Development
Work closely with Marketing and Education to share insights & learnings
• Partner with Consumer Insights team to drive global CRM and Clientele strategy.
• Work across functions on identifying the best way to collect and share relevant data for retail
• Provide input in designing advanced analytics capability to compliment the data strategy and effectiveness of digital campaigns
• Provide input on retail training to enable FSS employees delivering on desired consumer experience
• 5 - 7+ retail and merchandising expertise a must
• Marketing experience preferred in consumer and product marketing
• Brand Management experience and understanding
• Consumer centric, strong passion for service and drive to results.
• Entrepreneur, work ethic, but strong interpersonal skills, relationship oriented.
• Solid experience in go to market strategies and execution.
• Able to lead by influencing cross-functional teams.
• Creative & resourceful, can operate with limited resources and find solutions to deliver business needs
• Intellectual flexibility, manage several projects at a time, is able to complete projects aligning several stakeholders.
• International/Regional experience is preferred.
• Excellent communication, service, and analytical skills.
• Proficient in Windows, Word, Excel