Title: Temp Project Manager, Store Development
Time frame: ASAP - TBD
Pay: $35-37 per hour, depending on experience
Strong support AutoCAD draftsperson with design background working with Project Management team as they design & develop freestanding retail stores for both new design/construction & renovations of existing stores globally.
- Produce and manage design and design development packages for new retail stores and renovations.
- Understand design & construction and ability to review millwork shop drawings.
- Ability to communicate and follow up with various consultants: Lighting, Engineer, Production Architect, Code and Construction Manager, under management of PMs.
- Ability to communicate with Ralph Lauren's in-house department (ie: Decorative, Merchants, Visual and Operations).
- Maintain constant dialogue with managers regarding status and progress of projects
Skills & Responsibilities:
- Degree in Architecture and 2-4 years’ experience in high-end/luxury retail design or with high end/luxury residential/commercial architecture/interior design firm(s)
- Proficiency in AutoCAD 2007 (or more recent version)
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, and Microsoft Project
- Familiarity beneficial in Adobe applications (Photoshop CS4, Acrobat X Pro) and Autodesk applications (Buzzsaw 2011, Design Review 2011, DWG TrueView 2011)
- Must have a high level of design skills; ability to sketch and hand draw
- Knowledge of millwork standards, details and construction
- Analytical skills, attention to detail, ability to manage multiple projects
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills, both written and oral