Temp Product Development/Design Associate
1359 Broadway 17th Floor New York, NY 10018
Temp Product Development/ Design Associate
End: 2-3 months
The PD/Design role supports the swim division development process, from concept to delivery and execution in both Women’s and Girls Swimwear collection and initiatives.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Strategy & Innovation
• Support and take direction from Senior Designer(s) in executing sketches, cads, tech packs; pull fabrics, develop trims, assemble presentation boards for meetings.
•Own category correspondence with overseas partners.
• Assist in day to day tasks, as needed per category and project.
Operations & Results
• Track Development and sourcing materials to ensure timely execution of all samples, meeting calendar deadlines
• Support Design in creating Illustrator sketches; own preparation of tech pack sketches/callouts and BOM; prepare designs for line review; prepare line sheets and update as necessary
• Maintain product development logs, line sheets, boards and design archives library;
• Research and coordinate raw materials and trims for approval; maintain fabric/trim library
• Review lab dips and strike offs with Production; coordinate print and graphics where appropriate; observe and assist with fit process; keep detailed notes
Customers & Relationships
• Follow-up with internal customers and partners including technical design and production; facilitate interoffice communication
• Build collaborative relationships with vendors and internal customers
Leadership & Teams
• Contribute positively to team dynamic and manage up where necessary
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
• Superior organizational skills and excellent communication skills; team oriented
• Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines; highly detail oriented, meticulous and passionate
• Basic knowledge of garment construction, silhouettes, sewing techniques, fabrication and trim.
• BFA in Fashion design/ Technical Design or equivalent work experience in the industry
• 2+ years minimum experience in swimwear, foundations, activewear, or intimates required.
• Must be very comfortable with Adobe Illustrator, Adobe PSD, Microsoft office.