Temp Packaging Developer
28 W. 23rd Street, 8th Floor New York, NY 10010
Job Title: Temp Packaging Developer
Company Description: Luxury Beauty Brand
Location: NYC *remote for now*
Duration: Ongoing (no set end date)
Must have 3-5 years of experience preferred
Assist in the timely development of specific development projects to meet the shift in workload within the Packaging Department.
- Actively support the development on targeted projects cross-brands to meet our customer’s needs.
- Assist Manager in providing a project feasibility: function, manufacturability, component cost, tooling estimates, timetable, risks, and global consistency.
- Utilize computer technology.
- Develop preliminary outlines.
- Initiate and evaluate package test results.
- Request preliminary costs, and compare to feasibility.
- Enter specifications and distribute.
- Initiate artwork requests and proofread final art.
- Develop the package utilizing the technical support groups (Technical Packaging, Package Testing, and Manufacturing Engineering) to achieve the intended design, quality, cost objectives, functionality, and manufacturability.
- Submit packages to Package Testing with the required samples and technical information.
- Establish component and color standards, and insure proper distribution.
- Assure that Packaging meets the needs of the brand, corporation, Regulatory and Environmental Legislation, and consumer safety.
- Keep informed through colleagues, vendors, journals, professional affiliations, and seminars of new materials, processes, and procedures.
- Visit suppliers and our company production facilities.
- Report regularly on status of development issues to the immediate supervisor.
- Actively participate, as needed, on multifunctional teams providing creative solutions, while exhibiting an enthusiastic, flexible, and positive attitude.