Temp Packaging Designer
XX Culver City, CA 90230
Job Title: Packaging Designer Temp
Company Description: Cosmetics company
Location: Culver City, CA
Duration: Ongoing/ no set timeframe
- Concept and design decorations on primary components for permanent products, kits and seasonal programs.
- Concept and design decorations on cartons for permanent products, kits and seasonal programs.
- Work with packaging design team to create specification briefs for vendors.
- Design packaging for makeup influencer sets when needed.
- Prepare renderings and models required to convey the design intent.
- Presentation of selected designs, detail specification to manufacturers of approved designs, liaison with contractors, engineers and manufacturers on development of prototypes, sample approval.
- Support packaging design team by transferring art to dyelines for production.
- BFA in Graphic Design or equivalent.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud (an expert in Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign). 3D rendering is a plus.
- 4-5 years of beauty, fashion, agency or retail brand experience is preferred.
- Experience in packaging design is preferred.
- Must be a connoisseur of typography / graphic design with a love for current trends and culture.
- Must have a general understanding of the print process. Knowledge of printing on different materials/surfaces is a plus.
- Proactive self-starter with team player mentality and preference to work in a close knit, highly collaborative environment.
- Ability to manage multiple high-priority projects in a very fast-paced environment, and react with a sense of urgency.