Temp E-commerce Art Director, Home
108 W 39th Street New York, NY 10018
Job Title: Temp E-commerce Art Director, Home
Brand: American Apparel & Fashion brand
Location: Remote/onsite studio time (NYC)
Duration: asap - ongoing
Hours: 40 hours a week (M-F)
Create a best-in-class Digital Flagship that is the ultimate expression and destination for the world of Home – the stories and values behind the brand's lifestyle, quality and detail of the product.
• Devise highly functional online experience with elegant, luxury appeal. Concept, direction and execution to encompass still imagery, 3-D imaging and video. Conceive and realize strategies to communicate customization options through imagery.
• Ideate photographic approach to imagery that considers the full gamut of Home product – Furniture, Lighting, Bedding, Tabletop, Floorcovering, etc. – in a variety of materials – wood, fabric, metals, crystal, textiles, etc. Oversee all e-commerce photography for Home.
• Responsible for the development, planning, execution and presentation of test shoots and new approaches with regards to imagery – such as photography,3-D, video – in collaboration with site design team.
•360 product views, in-room visualization, etc. Ability to direct realization of this in elevated, luxury-brand appropriate fashion.
• Design approach to online shopping experience that translates across web and mobile.
Experience, Skills, and Knowledge
• Strong background in luxury brand environment
• Experience in home area
• On-set art direction
• Color review + retouching direction
• Adobe Creative Suite: InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator
• Capture One