Los Angeles Los Angeles, CA 90014
Title: Technical Designer
Company: Advanced Contemporary Apparel
Location: Los Angeles, CA
- Spec and evaluate all samples prior to fittings.
- Complete all fit comments in a timely manner.
- Articulate fit comments (includes any needed point of measures & sketches).
- Email and clarify fit comments to overseas partners.
- Collaborate with designer, merchandiser, manager and business partners to ensure the desired product is achieved, while retaining production schedule.
- Effectively communicate fit intent, balance and construction to vendors via pattern, sketches and/or digital images.
- Receive and prepare samples for fittings.
- Communicate daily with Vendors as necessary.
- Attend fittings and take accurate and detailed notes.
- Organize and store all samples seasonally.
- Management of a Jr. level Technical Designer
Skills & Qualifications:
- Ability to determine and communicate fit corrections.
- Knowledge of construction standards and manufacturing methods.
- Proficient in Adobe Suite & Microsoft Office programs.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to proactively trouble shoot and problem solve daily.
- Collaborative team player.
- Exceptional organizational skills required.
- Minimum of Associates degree in Apparel Manufacturing, Design or Patternmaking.