Store Manager Temp
Dulles Airport Dulles Airport, VA 20166
Title of Job: Store Manager Temp
Location: Dulles Airport
Company Description: Jewelry Brand
POSITION PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Comply with all policies and procedures related to the cash register transactions, bank deposits and daily cash reconciliations.
• Comply with all policies and procedures related to inventory control including receiving, markdowns and stock transfers. In general, safeguard the custody of the inventory.
• Maintain the security of the store and follow/enforce Loss Prevention Policies of the company.
•Capture all mailing list information necessary for marketing and advertising decisions, as well as ascertaining your customer base.
• Favorably impact the sales and gross margin volume at the store.
• Complete neatly and accurately all paperwork and submit on a timely basis.
• Maintain the selling floor and window displays in accordance with company standards, policies, and directives.
• Communicate frequently with District Manager with pertinent information regarding your location, store performance, stock levels, center events, etc.
• Stay abreast of promotional activities in the local marketplace/center and suggest how company advertising and promotions can dovetail effectively with promotional activities in the local market.
• Review seasonal competitive pricing and fashion trends in the local marketplace and inform the District Manager and Retail Buyers in writing of the local competitive pricing structure.
• Staff the store effectively.
• Hire, fire, develop, train and retain qualified personnel for each position. Ensure that all personnel are trained effectively for all relevant procedures.
• Meet all budget requirements as developed by the home office, paying special attention to controllable expenses.
• Safeguard company property, equipment and supplies, to avoid costly repairs or replacement.
• Direct accountability for foot traffic in stores.
• Place emphasis on customer service standards as written in corporate provided Customer Service Best Practices 101.
• Direct accountability to achieve and impact the sales and gross margin volume at the store.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
• 4 - 5 years of prior management experience in a retail store or similar environment is preferred.
• A four-year college degree is highly desirable, but not mandatory.
• Ability to analyze the needs of the business, and the ability to effectively plans for improving store performance.
• Sufficient initiative, responsibility and thoroughness to maintain the procedural integrity of the store.
• Sufficient product knowledge and merchandising skills to present the merchandise in accordance with company directives and policies.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills to interactive effectively with Home Office, staff and customers.
• Physical requirements include the ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time.