Social Media Manager
los angeles los angeles, CA 90014
Title: Social Media Manager
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Contribute to the social media strategy for the company and ensure it aligns with the overall brand identity, cohesive brand messaging and tone of voice.
- Ensure that social media content is relevant and optimized for each channel.
- Create, maintain and grow new networks and followers on social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, YouTube and Twitter.
- Develop content calendar across all platforms to ensure a constant supply of relevant content.
- Collaborate with Social Media and PR team to drive engagement through social media influencers.
- Implement strategy for User Generated Content across relevant social media channels.
- Engage with customers through social media and answer both positive and negative comments and resolve customer service issues.
- Execute engaging campaigns, activations and contests on social media platforms and ensure alignment with overall commercial calendar, product launches and always-on support campaigns.
- Keep up to date with advances in social media technology and the latest social media platforms, trends and industry opportunities.
- Analyze social media insights to guide future social media strategy.
- Implement KPI’s, analytics and monthly reporting to gauge success of social media.
- Travel as needed
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, technology and/or communication.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a Social Media Manager for similar organizations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Be an expert in everything related to social media, including customer service, SEO, copywriting and strong understanding of content management.
- Thorough knowledge of social media platforms Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Pinterest and Youtube and the optimal content for each respective channel.
- Design knowledge in order to create visually appealing graphics to coordinate with appropriate posts.
- Knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, and Google Analytics.
- Understanding of social media management tools
- Customer service skills and knowing how to respond strategically to customer questions.
- Excellent understanding of digital marketing, search engine optimization and how social media impacts this.
- Articulate and professional communication skills.