Social Media Manager
108 W 39th Street New York, NY 10018
Title: Social Media Manager
Company: Major haircare brand
Location: NYC .
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Develop, plan and execute Content Strategy for all primary brand social channels – Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, as well as key international platforms.
- Responsible for developing content calendars for Moroccanoil’s Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the US and overseeing for international markets.
- Develop standards, expertise and best practices within Social to inform and scale across all marketing and channel platforms.
- Partner with the Digital and Marketing teams to execute always on tactics on social accounts
- Responsible for posting and monitoring social community, maintaining a thoughtful, insightful and engaging dialogue with the core consumer.
- Collaborate with the Customer Service team on social listening and response.
- Effectively engage with and cultivate audiences across social platforms, driving audience growth.
- Monitor and apply learnings for the ongoing developing of global platforms on Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Weibo, WeChat and others.
- Partner with internal Design team to develop assets for social platforms.
- Leverage & facilitate User Generated Content in digital marketing strategies
- Ensure branding consistency, clarity and quality of all social communications
- Develop strategies to support product launches and to increase conversions around our editorial calendar/brand stories
- Brief Design team and manage communication for global brand content and campaign assets ensuring cross-functional feedback that aligns with overarching strategy for key launches.
- Work cross-functionally with Digital, Marketing, Education and Design teams on ways to execute overarching strategy for Social Media that will include brand building, messaging, social to deliver content for new launches and seasonal animations.
- Manage digital ad buys on social platforms.
- Oversee social ad campaigns in North America and international markets, managing and briefing digital agencies, and ensuring we are meeting the proper KPIs.
- Define KPIs, measure ad campaigns effectiveness, engagement and funnel
- Responsible for monthly reporting. Use social media tools to create monthly reports to track KPIs. Identify content and language that perform best on platforms.
- Oversee influencer relationships and programs with the brand, managing relationships with beauty bloggers and vloggers.
- Coordinate with PR team and PR agencies for influencer sponsorship activities.
- Stay current and forward thinking on new global social media platforms, best practices and use within the competitive landscape.
- Identify and propose new, innovative social media campaigns and initiatives in support of key brand moments, events and milestones.
- Manage, grow and support direct reports and Interns.
Skills & Abilities
- 5-6 years of relevant experience in Social Media.
- 4-year degree in communications, marketing, public relations, and/or related fields.
- Deeply knowledgeable about social media marketing: experience running best-in-class social media campaigns, understanding of the rapidly changing social media landscape.
- Proficiency in use of Instagram, Facebook, YouTube.
- Proven experience in managing paid social campaigns.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office, Facebook advertising & analytics, platforms such as Sysomos
- Experience in Beauty a plus.
- Outstanding organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, strong copywriting skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Proactive, takes initiative.
- Must have experience working with in-house creative team and/or collaborating with external partners on innovative projects.
- Able to demonstrate a proven track record in project management. The candidate will have experience working with multiple teams, while meeting deadlines.