Social Media Manager
245 5th Ave 26th Floor. New York, New York 10016
Title: Social Media Manager
Company: Startup cause-based multi-brand e-commerce company
Location: Midtown NYC
Oversees the strategy, creation, and execution of the brands’ social media channels.
- Lead the social media strategy (in partnership with VP of Growth, Editor and Executive Creative Director) and planning of the social media calendar
- Responsible for managing the brand's social media presence across the various platforms including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, and Snapchat
- Compiles both new and existing content to uniquely tell the brand story and engage with customers, inspire influencers and support causes.
- Focus on increasing brand awareness through social media and developing a superior and trusted online reputation
- Oversees content strategy and creation with respect to shop-able social media tools
- Ensure consistency of brand voice and brand values across the different social channels reminding the audience how and why we satisfy a specific role in their lives and feed
- Works with PR, Marketing, Creative and Merchandising teams in creation of social content
- Analyze data and compile weekly/monthly reports including: engagement, community growth, e-commerce statistic, customer acquisition, etc. Stays on the cutting edge of industry trends, new platforms and best practices
- Works with PR team to expand and support the digital influencer campaigns including but not limited to bloggers, instagrammers, tastemakers, philanthropists, etc
- Manage efforts in building online reviews and reputation. Monitor online reviews and respond to comments.
- Execute blogger outreach and help maintain relationships through support with mailings, gifting, and 360 marketing initiatives
- Proactively monitor and track online and social media posts from influencers and bloggers
- Support integrated marketing initiatives with brands/designers/creatives and quarterly tentpole email-lead initiatives
- 4-5 years digital marketing experience with a focus on e-commerce social media
- Passion for social media, content creation, storytelling and analytics-driven decision making
- Experience leading the creation and implementation of social media content
- Has experience growing social media channels and converting followers into customers.
- Maintains a working knowledge of SEO including keyword research and Google Analytics. Knowledgeable in the principles of search and social.
- Interest in fashion, pop-culture and lifestyle, combined with a sense of importance around charitable causes .