Social Media Manager
na New York City, NY na
TITLE: Editorial/social media manager
POSITION: Editor/social media manager
ROLE TYPE: Full-Time
REPORTS TO: VP Brand Creative
The position will range from forming the strategic roadmap for the brand to being very hands on and actually posting content, analyzing it and driving business results. S/he will think and act strategically, ensure advance planning of initiatives and create big ideas while having the ability, diligence, drive and attention to detail and a passion to execute the strategy & always be responsive.
All candidates must be proactive and possess the ability to handle last-minute creative/business requests, work under tight deadlines, and manage competing priorities.
They will be responsible for the execution of high quality & high impact social media campaigns with a strong emphasis on how we will tell a story across our channels (retail, ecommerce & with wholesale partners) and drive not only engagement but also revenue.
What you will do:
- Work closely with marketing and sales to drive engagement and revenue.
- Own the content calendar and ensure all above departments are aligned & aware of all plans across our channels.
- Develop copy across all channels: site, email, social, blog, sales tools, POS etc.
- Proactively identify actionable insights & call out in weekly social media reports
- Provide new & upcoming opportunities for us to experiment --- be our content/social media trendspotter….what is the next.
- Update our social media playbook and provide Best Practices so posts leverage all of the learnings we have garnered from our consumers.
What you will need to succeed:
- A deep understanding and enthusiasm as an ambassador that exudes the brand and all that it stands for
- Strategic and tactical planning
- Create KPIs for all programs
- Ensure that all measurement tools, CTA etc. for all social programs are in place
- Work daily with key social media partners & external companies (especially on multi-partnership deals)
- Ensure continuity in visual messaging across all platforms (note doesn’t mean the exact same image more so, that the messaging builds across channels)
- Works closely with digital marketing & VP of Marketing on analytics and reporting
- Develops & accountable for timelines and budgets associated with all programs.
- Manages all micro influencer outreach with marketing coordinator (gifting programs, events, co-hosted giveaways etc.)
- Drives out-of-the-box creative ideas being implemented & continuously shares best practices.
- Deliver scaleable content and social media programs solutions that drive results.
Education & Experience:
- At least 5+ years copy editing/social media experience (agency or brand side…optimally a mix) within the digital space
- Desire to embrace both the creative side but also the analytical aspects of social media.
- Experience with database-driven social/digital programs
- In-depth experience posting across all platforms (Snapchat, twitter, facebook, instagram, pinterest, What’s App etc.)
- Ability to multi-task & thrive in a very fast paced environment
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and is able to work with a range of disciplines (marketing, creative, customer service, sales, retail etc.).
- Bachelor or Master degree
- Entrepreneurial spirit & true interest in social & digital marketing
- Solid understanding of web/mobile standards & great creative eye for photography
- Ability to create and deliver weekly metrics reports that provide actionable insights from prior week’s social activities (report format exists but open to evolving it)
- Working experience with Sales Force Marketing Cloud, Hoot Suite, Radian6
- Computer skills: Photoshop (optimally)
- Strong project management, organizational & planning skills
- Digital thought leader & active in the social media space