13344 S. Main St. #B. Los Angeles, CA 90061
Job Title: Shipping Manager
Company Description: Denim Manufacturer
Location: El Segundo, CA
- Oversee all shipping and receiving operations, comparing shipment contents with manifests.
- Supervise finishing department staff including assigning personnel to specific stations during shifts, determining staffing requirements for busy seasons.
- Safety and security protocols as needed for the department, including performing after-action reviews following any incidents.
- Process work orders, invoices, weekly shipping reports, storage, delivery requirements, and use this information to create employee schedules.
- Upload date entry via ASN system and packing list.
- Communicate directly with clients as necessary to answer questions, relay shipping updates, and handle complaints calmly and efficiently.
- Maintains established relationship with Freight Forwarders to ensure they are following all transportation requirements and regulations.
- Clear understanding of exporting/importing goods.
- Respond to emails importing/exporting goods with other vendors- coordinate shipping dates, locations, etc.
- Place supply orders as needed for company use.
- High school diploma or GED, plus a minimum of five years’ experience in related field
- Previous experience with Microsoft applications and data entry – upload via ASN system and packing list.
- EDI knowledge a plus.
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to delegate
- Flexibility to work nontraditional hours including weekends
- Detail-oriented and reliable
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- Bilingual English and Spanish
- Process incoming and outgoing shipments including PO's in electronic receiving systems.
- Deliver, pick up and transport material within, between, to and from various locations.
- Maintains regular contact with our Distributor GBF, in order to promote a cohesive workflow.
- Maintains established relationships with Freight Forwarders and Federal Express and/or other shippers to ensure the client is in compliance with all transportation requirements and regulations.
- Follows SOPs for International Shipping protocols and monitors compliance.
- Follows direction from Account Managers in order to develop and implement inventory control system within S & R.
- Maintains all department Logs including BMT, Asset Tags and Shippers.
- Inventories and maintains all packaging and shipping supplies for the company.
- Enters all receivables into data base. Maintains spreadsheets and runs reports as needed or required.
- Separates and labels with recipient, internal office supply orders. Delivering items, as necessary or required.
- Ability to multitask.
- Positive work attitude in a team work environment.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends as necessary.
- Some lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Domestic and International shipping experience - especially related to shipping of biological substances preferred. Experience or have knowledge of exporting from and importing into the United States, Eastern Europe, Western Europe Countries, Mexico, Asia, with knowledge of the various country custom agency requirements.
- Training/certifications in Dangerous Goods and/or those related to international shipping. Federal Express Dangerous Goods Certified.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including ability to write SOPs , BOL and correspondence.
- Computer skills including MS Office programs, MRP/ERP, Federal Express, UPS computer shipping systems and other programs required for inventory control.
- Ability to interact internally and externally with outside vendors, service providers, and to maintain positive relationships.
- Good analytical capabilities, strong problem-solving skills and ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Attention to detail a must.