13344 El Segundo, CA 90061
Job Title: Shipping Manager
Company Description: Denim Manufacturer
Location: El Segundo, CA
- Oversee all shipping and receiving operations, comparing shipment contents with manifests.
- Supervise finishing department staff including assigning personnel to specific stations during shifts, determining staffing requirements for busy seasons.
- Safety and security protocols as needed for the department, including performing after-action reviews following any incidents.
- Process work orders, invoices, weekly shipping reports, storage, delivery requirements, and use this information to create employee schedules.
- Upload date entry via ASN system and packing list.
- Communicate directly with clients as necessary to answer questions, relay shipping updates, and handle complaints calmly and efficiently.
- Maintains established relationship with Freight Forwarders to ensure they are following all transportation requirements and regulations.
- Clear understanding of exporting/importing goods.
- Respond to emails importing/exporting goods with other vendors- coordinate shipping dates, locations, etc.
- Place supply orders as needed for company use.
- High school diploma or GED, plus a minimum of five years’ experience in related field
- Previous experience with Microsoft applications and data entry – upload via ASN system and packing list.
- EDI knowledge a plus.
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to delegate
- Flexibility to work nontraditional hours including weekends
- Detail-oriented and reliable
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- Bilingual English and Spanish