Senior Product Development Coordinator
1411 Broadway, 6th Floor New York, NY 10018
Company: Global apparel company focused on menswear
Title: Senior Product Development Coordinator
Location: New York, New York
- Conducts market research to develop innovative products.
- Manage and secure customer approval on all product development activities: Handlooms, Lab Dips, Trial Weaves, Proto Samples, Fit Samples, Salesman’s Samples, Pre-Production Samples, TOP Samples.
- Maintain all approved fabric standards and garment samples
- Maintain Fabric Library
- Track all product development and costs; negotiate costs.
- Maintain Time and Action Calendars for each development program.
- Manage all communications with overseas vendors, factories and customers.
- Achieve all product development targets and goals.
- Mentors direct reports to achieve department goals and objectives. Manage their workload and reallocate/add duties based on the business needs
- Other projects or duties as required.
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in merchandising, textiles or related field.
- 5+ years’ experience in fashion industry, including textile and production.
- Fabric knowledge.
- Knowledge of MS Office.
- Knowledge of Blue Cherry a plus.
- Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and work under pressure, with changing priorities.
- Strong leadership and time management skills required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.