Senior Product Developer
New York New York, NY 10018
Title: Senior Product Developer
Company: Cold Weather Accessory Manufacturer
- Work with buyers and marketing team in the initial trend presentation. Be able to pull out samples from the showroom appropriate for the accounts and put on a line list.
- Handles the product development process of several accounts from sample selection process, sample/color approvals up to style adoption.
- Be able to analyze technical spec sheets and communicates with overseas factories for the execution of samples.
- Works closely with Tech Design team in terms of product development process.
- Strong clients and supplier management
- Creating WIP’s of proto and all approval samples for the accounts.
- Will manage the product development calendars of accounts
- Be able to analyze pricing and handle pricing negotiations with the factories by applying knowledge of cost of materials, consumption and production processes.
- Handles lab testing requirements for the accounts being managed.
- Communicates with production team to ensure that the end product is properly executed.
- Be proficient in the PLM system, making sure that all information is accurate and fully updated.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a private label setting
- Strong textile technical background on yarns
- Have experience communicating with factories, mills and customers, local and overseas
- That person must have a background in testing requirements and a good understanding of different brands’ testing protocols.
- Must be open to domestic or international traveling