Senior Planner/Planning Manager
New York, NY
TITLE: Planning Manager/Senior Planner
COMPANY: Contemporary RTW Brand
- Develop, execute and communicate strategic merchandise financial plans and strategies that support the merchandising and financial objectives of the Company.
- Create pre-season plans at classification level for sales, margin, receipts and turn.
- Manage in-season forecast of the OTB including class sales, receipts, markdowns and inventory. Partner with buying and brand management to providing strategic recommendations to meet financial goals.
- Evaluate and monitor style selling on a weekly basis, partnering with buyers to effectively manage sales, receipts and exit strategies.
- Provide recommendations to adjust purchasing levels, pricing, liquidation, and allocation strategies to ensure that finance objectives are being met.
- Partner with buying team to develop seasonal assortment plans, providing insight to inventory levels, style and sku productivity and proper channel receipts.
- Oversee all inventory management
- Develop / Refine necessary reports for business management
- 5-8 years of prior retail planning experience
- Excellent analytical skills required to spot and analyze trends
- Expert at organization and problem solving
- Strong Communication Skills and Business Acumen
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Bachelor’s Degree