Senior Personal Shopper
new york New York, NY 10019
Title: Personal Shopper
Company Description: Innovative, luxury personal shopping and e-commerce business with a growing US presence
Location: New York, NY
Our client is looking for a Personal Shopper with luxury experience and a passion for fashion and technology.
You will be facilitating the sale of luxury items to a global clientele by being the first port of call for customer requests. This all happens in WhatsApp and with our technology, making the job fast-paced and highly personal.
You will build strong relationships with your clients in order to provide the most personal luxury shopping experience possible. You will be responsible for planning and implementing a strategy focused on achieving or exceeding your target.
You will be part of a new team in New York, and you will directly impact business success and team culture.
What you’ll be doing
- Working towards an ambitious individual & group target with your team
- Talking directly with clients via chat-based media & building your own client book
- Analysing client profiles & implementing a strategy to increase sales year-on-year
- Identifying sales opportunities & acting fast; Threads is always first
- Holding personal shopping appointments
- Hosting events with VIP clientele & driving client acquisition
- Managing & mentoring other members of the Personal Shopping Team; you will be instrumental in their career development
- Working closely with the UK & Asia offices to continuously improve Threads’ customer experience
- Identifying & implementing procedural improvements with Sales Management
- Collaborating with our Creative & Content Teams to identify & maximise global sales opportunities
- Identifying key local industry partnership opportunities & assisting to on-boarding new partners
- Representing the Company as a brand ambassador
Who we’re looking for
- 3-5 years experience as a Personal Shopper in the luxury industry & has an established clientele
- An ambitious self-starter; a driven and proactive individual who’s always thinking of new ways to tackle challenges and thrives on pressure
- Is numbers driven and resilient; motivated by personal sales targets & aims to exceed them
- Natural ability to sell; a great communicator, a people person who builds relationships at ease
- Strategic and forward thinking; always keeps business goals in mind and can see the bigger picture
- Has extensive product & brand awareness in the luxury goods market
- Has a strong desire to motivate, lead by example & collaborates well with others
- Social media savvy & confident with learning to use new platforms
- Bonus points if you are fluent in another language
Culture is very important to us. We work hard and think big. We collaborate, we innovate and we trust each other. We work in a fast-paced environment and, in order to maintain momentum, we invest in our team’s growth and development.
We are a 24/7 global service, and the NYC office will be open seven days per week. Everyone on the team will work some weekends as part of the five day working week.
Our New York office is a co-working space in Manhattan so you will be working in a vibrant, high-energy hub. You will split your time between the office, luxury stores throughout the city and meeting your clients.