1411 Broadway, 6th Floor New York, New York 10018
Title: Senior Merchandiser
Company: Global apparel company focused on menswear
Location: New York, NY
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AREAS:
- Manage the merchandising of assigned men’s lines; responsible for managing the budget of these lines.
- Research and analyze market trends and identify trends to help drive sales with target customers.
- Act as a liaison between merchandising, sales, design and production/product development.
- Uphold key dates for design and production calendar to ensure timely completion of sales samples and line openings.
- Communicates with all licensors for approval.
- Plans and places orders for sample lines.
- Creates and produces sales line books.
- Creates and produces swatch cards for sample lines and basics swatch cards for customers.
- Monitors and processes sample receipts and invoices.
- Prepares preliminary costing data
- Prepares lines for sale.
- Partner with sales in analyze selling and customer feedback.
- Supervise activities of direct repots. Assign tasks, objectives, responsibilities and the like to direct reports, and through coaching, performance evaluation, and feedback, enable those direct reports to perform their duties and to achieve their objectives.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in merchandising or business, or related field.
- 6+ years’ merchandising experience; preferable in wholesale preferred.
- Men’s apparel experience required.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Knowledge of MS Office.