Senior Manager, Online Content & Merchandising
na Westford, MA 01886
Title of Job: Senior Manager, Online Content & Merchandising
Company Description: Iconic Sportswear Brand
Location: Westford, MA
- Maximize web store performance (i.e., conversion rate, average order value, units per transaction), with particular focus on making continuous improvements in:
- Online customer experience
- Online merchandising
- Site Shopability
- Site searchandising
- Product Photography
- Site Content Optimization
- Product Customization
- Search engine optimization
- Ownership of executing all online creative on the website, including homepage, gender page, and all special collection page creative on the site.
- Lead and facilitate consumer-facing merchandising of men’s, women’s, kids’, Collections, on .com to help drive average order value, units per transaction and total site revenue.
- Facilitate and lead cross functional meetings with teams including buying, planning, distributors, and marketing to ensure products are live, assorted correctly, have all relevant content.
- Take active lead in weekly ecommerce business reviews across analytics, merchandising, marketing, customer service and fulfillment to ensure all areas are aligned.
- Lead the Online Merchandising Team with direct reports responsible for:
- The visual merchandising of products across the entire site
- Back end data management, including item master data as well as relevant content.
- Partner with the Marketing team on creating appropriate and relevant copy for each product, including customer facing romance copy and technical features and benefits.
- Oversee photography of all seasonal assortments, ensuring photography is shot to style guides and delivered in time for product to go live.
- Manage all front-end upgrades / projects for the website, including adding new features and functions, bug fixes, and data feeds in coordination with Global Ecommerce, as necessary
- Participate in creative and marketing concept meetings to identify and recommend appropriate product(s) to be featured in planned marketing campaigns, sales promotions and monthly site updates
- Take proactive role in working with the Global Creative team to help shape the content asset development for .com.
- Use website analytics tools, such as Omniture, to conduct regular analysis of content, product and collection productivity to identify trends and opportunities.
- Participate in line-close, “Black-Out” meetings and product presentations to get advance notice of forthcoming product lines; incorporate learnings into merchandising plans.
- Regularly review competitive landscape for features and trends as they relate to best practices for online merchandisers.
- Strong experience (3-5 years) managing some or all of the key business functions described above in an ecommerce, direct marketing or multi-channel retail environment.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze target customer groups, understand their shopping behavior and desires, and craft online merchandising strategies that respond to these needs.
- Demonstrated success at growing an ecommerce, direct marketing or multi-channel retail business through business and technical innovation – ideally with experience in both strategy development and operational execution.
- Experience managing vendor relationship and negotiating contracts.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, “self-starter” environment serving as a catalyst for change and managing multiple workstreams simultaneously.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and focused on quality control and execution efficiency.
- Demonstrated ability to manage subordinates, work with internal colleagues, and manage external vendors through a positive, collaborative, and transparent inter-personal approach.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; for example demonstrated through operational reporting and presentations in a business context.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required. MBA or equivalent experience preferred.