Senior Legal Counsel
350 Madison Ave, Fl 12 New York City, NY 10017
Senior Legal Counsel
New York City
International Business Intelligence Company
A Senior Legal Counsel position has become available at global knowledge broker with hubs in the Americas Europe, Asia and the Middle East. The company brings specialist knowledge distributed across hundreds of millions of professionals worldwide to bear on today’s most important business decisions. The corporation is a global leader in Knowledge Search, and this role has become available at its impressive offices in NYC (remote working throughout COVID-19 and exceptional candidates from outside of NYC will be considered).
Reporting to the VP of Legal in the US and also working closely with the General Counsel based in the UK, this role offers outstanding experience and career progression and this is an exciting opportunity for a meticulous team player with a background in Commercial Contracts and Corporate Law, making the next step in their career and looking to transition into a high-growth commercial environment.
The role encompasses a range of work, ranging from;
- negotiating commercial contracts with clients and vendors;
- working closely with internal services teams and the Company’s clients’ legal and compliance teams;
- dealing with evolving areas of law including corporate transactions/deal (M&A experience desired but not required) intellectual property, technology, data privacy/GDPR and employment.
All of this is being done at a global scale with multi-jurisdictional challenges in a fast-paced company.
- JD from a top American law school LLB/LLM from a top university in the UK or other relevant law degree
- New York Bar or Solicitor qualified in England & Wales;
- 3-8 years’ experience at a top firm or in-house (mix of both desired and preferred)
- Experience in drafting and negotiating client-facing commercial contracts
- Experience in dealing with regulatory and securities related matters (corporate law background is a plus)
This well-respected global data insight firm is a recognized for its competitive benefits, unrivaled culture and work life balance. If you are a driven determined individual with the ability to execute in a complex matrixed environment and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you!