Senior Knitwear Technical Designer
108 W 39th St New York, NY 10018
Title: Senior Technical Designer
Company: Cold Weather Accessory Manufacturer
- Collaborate with Product Development in translating the design sheets to technical packs, while giving suggestions on how to produce the product in the highest quality and market competitive price.
- Create, maintain and update technical packs and BOM’s for all brands and in all product stages (Proto, PPS, TOP, etc) in our internal PLM system.
- Be able to attend Tech Pack handoff meetings from the brands and to the factory/s if needed.
- Reviews and approves the fit, trim components and construction of the item within the development and production timeline. Includes checking samples in different stages.
- Communicate with PD and Production team on the review and approval of the samples.
- Prepares either CAD or 3D Designs for the brands as needed.
- Get trained in 3D design and be part in pushing the 3D program to it’s full potential.
- Helps in product design and technical research (Knit R&D) as required by the company, specific to the brands needs.
- 5+ year/s in apparel or accessories industry in technical design.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite program.
- Background in 3D design system is a plus, but not required.
- Knowledge of fibers, yarns, knitting and cut and sewn.
- Ability to spec the products, read the fit and make corrections if necessary.
- Proactive on problem solving and resolution oriented.
- Product risk assessment skills.
- Accountable to follow through on a task from beginning to end.
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team environment.
- Ability to multi-task, self-manage and work independently.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in computer skills including Excel, AI and Photoshop. Will be trained in our internal PLM system.