Senior Director of Merchandise Planning and Allocation
New York New York, NY 10018
Title of Job: Senior Director of Retail Merchandise Planning & Allocation
Company Description: Global Luxury Brand
Location: New York City
- Maintain monthly OTB process with inventory investments to maximize productivity
- Recommend and monitor merchandise planning and allocation procedures
- Proactively identify dept. specific retail issues and opportunities, proposing solutions and communicating a unified direction: includes recommending & executing markdowns with the merchandise buying team.
- Weekly review of key performance indicators with sales, margin, inventory turnover, sell-thru and merchandise return on investment
- Alignment of merchandise buy plans, budgets, sales forecasts and other business goals to financial targets.
- Responsible for both pre-season and in-season sales and inventory management for DOS & FO and eCOMM points of sale.
- Constantly review competitor operations, policies and practices; research and response to industry changes.
- Perform Ad Hoc analysis based on historical performance & merchandise product attributes.
- Build and Manage by store location financial budgets
- Degree in Business / Merchandising or 8+ years of related experience
- Utilizes SAP Retail / AFS / BIS Reporting for inventory and other sales based business requirements.