Title of Job: Senior Denim Designer
Company Description: Junior/Missy Denim Brand
Location: New York City NY
- Responsible for creating, initiating and filling out all PDM package requirements for sample creation at proto stage, maintaining balance in the style requirements for both style detail and target FOB’s.
- Responsible for creating CAD developments specific to style before sample request is issued to unify, wash request, pocket scroll and sewing details before sample request is issued on as needed basis.
- Manage fabric quality testing and wash development requirements.
- Responsible for the initiation of inquiries on possible new construction treatments that might be required for costing and maker ability before use on an upcoming season.
- Liaison between teams on all developments (wash, construction details, trims) for product and will be responsible for monitoring timelines, progress, and deadlines.
- Will be responsible to do research that is necessary for product and design inspiration. This includes a working knowledge of competitor’s garments in the marketplace and on line as to silhouette offerings, design details and prices.
- Will be responsible for compiling and completing trend report.
- The above duties, tasks and responsibilities may differ and other duties, as assigned, may be part of this job.
- A Clothing & Textiles degree, Design Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 8 years in apparel merchandising and design.
- Must currently be working with women’s denim.
- Must have strong administration, communication and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of pattern, garment construction and product development is an asset.
- Knowledge of creating tech packs and cad's
- Must have experience with Illustrator