148 Lafayette St Fl 3 New York, New York 10013
Title: Senior Copywriter
Company: High-end womenswear brand
The Copywriter will help create copy impactful, inspiring, on-brand copy across all channels of the business, from emails to site content to catalog to social media. The scope of work encompasses all digital content, print, events and special projects. He/she will work report to the Sr. Director of Content & Copy.
- Maintain the brand tone of voice across multiple channels, ensuring consistent accuracy and messaging
- Work collaboratively with representatives from a variety of teams including Creative, Marketing & PR, Sales & Ecommerce to deliver projects on schedule and to a high standard
- Implement feedback from senior members of the team, making sure final copy is proofread and applied correctly
- Support the copy team to create original, innovative, clear, persuasive editorial copy that strategically delivers for both digital and physical channels to promote seasonal campaigns, key launches and product stories
- Ensure accuracy of all copy execution
- Write weekly homepage
- Write all email copy
- Check copy in staging environment and provide appropriate feedback
- Work with digital designers, marketing team and digital commerce to produce rich, engaging content for storytelling pages.
- Create Social Media copy for all platforms including Facebook, Instagram, etc.
- Create event invite copy
- Write all collateral for brand events
- Produce copy for bought media advertising for both digital and print placements
- Work with the Visual Merchandising to write store signage, window copy and miscellaneous signage
- BA in Communications, Journalism or English preferred
- Minimum 5 years of editorial and copywriting with luxury brand or fashion magazine experience, possessing a journalistic approach
- A strong portfolio of successful work that shows strategic, 360 degree thinking.
- Able to work efficiently to tight deadlines, juggling numerous projects at once, and proactively sourcing the relevant information from key stakeholders.
- Possess a good understanding of digital channels and how the luxury customer interacts with them
- Comfortable and confident working creatively and collaboratively with various teams across the business.
- A creative mind who enjoys contributing ideas, collaborating and creating strong engaging content across all channels.
- Keeps up to date with popular culture and trends, including street style and runway
- Knowledge of how copy relates to art, design and graphics
- Excellent writing, editing and grammar skills
- Proven ability to thrive in a deadline driven environment, while working independently and as part of a team
- Proficiency in some or all the following programs: Adobe InDesign, Quark, InCopy, Microsoft Word, Excel and Internet applications
All applicants must submit writing samples along with their resume.