Alameda Alameda, CA x
Title of Job: Senior Accountant
Company Description: Medical Device Company
Location: Alameda, CA
The Senior Accountant will take the lead on portions of the monthly general ledger close, balance sheet and income statement analysis.
- Apply US GAAP in preparation of General Ledger entries and reconciliations of accounts for monthly and quarterly close.
- Assist with the initial SOX implementation and perform subsequent maintaining of internal controls.
- Provide assistance with the external financial audit and coordinate audit process.
- Lead cross-functional initiatives to optimize and improve financial systems and processes.
- Assist with special projects assigned by management (e.g. equity and tax).
- A track record of professional growth; a passion for problem solving.
- A Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field.
- At least 3+years of progressively responsible experience.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting practices and principles
- The ideal candidate will be a CPA with public accounting experience. Ideal but not required.
- Knowledge of auditing practices and principles.