Sales/Product Development Associate
108 West 39th st New York, New York 10018
Title of Job: Sales/Product Development Associate
Company Description: Fashion accessories company
Location: New York, NY
Oversee all product development, sourcing, costing and production, ensuring that customer requirements and specifications are met, on time and in order.
Research: fabrics, product, resources, countries.
Drive innovation: technique, fabrics, yarns, process.
Drive costing: achieve best value/cost from all supplies.
Meet with prospective factories as well as with existing vendors seasonally to review performance, protocol and operational issues.
Review and resolve quality issues, minimizing defects.
Maximize sales through close working relationships with accounts, excellent product knowledge and accurately completing and sending in orders.
Maintain close relationship with customer service, order processing and accounting to assist in credit. Information, order adjustments, cancellations, extensions, etc. for designated accounts.
Actively prospect customers and seek new business opportunities.
Work with customers on product direction, development of seasonal programs, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, Business, Fashion or related field and 2- 4 years of related experience preferred.
- Excellent analytical, communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to build strong, productive relationships as a salesperson, buyer and teammate.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Excellent understanding of product development and manufacturing process.
- Comprehensive understanding of retail math.
- Experience with a PLM system