Sales Associate - Fine Jewelry and Watches Specialist
160 Lexington Ave New York, NY 10016
Title: Sales Associate
Location: New York, New York
Company: Cutting edge, multi-brand retailer with stores in London, Tokyo, NY and LA
- Ensuring that the very best levels of customer service are met at all times
- Building and retaining a client book.
- Keeping the selling floor and stock well maintained, clean and organized.
- Capturing data in accordance with company “data capture” procedures.
- Processing all POS transactions swiftly and accurately while maintaining the brand's selling ceremony.
- Receiving, checking off and storing new deliveries.
- Floor coverage/asset protection.
- Following jewelry security protocol.
- Maintaining jewelry visual merchandising standards.
- Setting the standard for the seamless operation and functioning of the store, ensuring the provision of the very best customer service levels at all times. Willing to go above and beyond to service and satisfy the client.
- Meeting individual and seasonal sales budget.
- Know your stock and know your clients.
- Creating a service driven environment that fosters teamwork and values collaborative selling.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills. Understands the importance of establishing and building relationships, clienteling and customer development and retention.
- Possesses an in-depth knowledge of Jewelry and watches
- Is enthusiastic about sharing this knowledge with customers and colleagues.
- Capable of multi-tasking while being attentive to customers and remaining flexible to the needs of the business.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- At least 2 years or more experience working with jewelry.
- Fluent in the language and terminology used with jewelry – for example; understanding carat, cuts, different types of stones, various colors of gold
- Knowledge and understanding of bespoke service and what can be done if requested.
- Ability to manage expectations and be able to deal with issues and challenging situations.
- A highly motivated individual able to converse with all levels both internally and externally.
- Self-starter, able to set the standard by their own professionalism and attitude.
- Must be energetic, self-motivated and self-organized. Willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Decisive, structured and organized, with a keen eye for detail.
- Punctual, possesses excellent time management skills.
- Flexible, adapts to the ever-changing needs of the business.