Retail Training Manager
663 Fifth Avenue, 5th Floor between 52nd and 53rd New York, NY 10022
Title: Manager, Retail Training
Company: Iconic Luxury Brand
Location: New York, NY
- Assess developmental needs to direct training initiatives for the Retail division.
- Development of new materials.
- On-board new hires in conjunction with the Human Resources department to assign appropriate retail focused training modules.
- Identify suitable training solutions for Associates, including actively searching, creatively designing and implementing effective methods to educate and enhance performance.
- Provide training and staff development programs using knowledge of effectiveness of methods such as classroom training, demonstrations, on-the-job training, meetings, conferences (both via teleconference and video conference) and digital technology.
- Develop trainer development programs and coach others involved in training efforts.
- Conduct follow-up studies of all completed training to evaluate and measure results.
- Manage and execute training programs already in place, modifying and improving as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- At least 5+ years of writing, teaching and training experience in a retail environment for the US and Canada (preferably luxury specialty retail).
- Must have qualifications in training and development.
- Knowledge of LMS systems and other digital platforms.
- Proven ability to lead by example, foster mentoring relationships, create momentum and cultivate organizational change.
- Work effectively as a team member with other members of management.
- Ability to exemplify and communicate the desired culture and philosophy of the brand.
- Outstanding verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Ability to speak more than one language (preferred, not required).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to travel 30-40%