Valley Stream Valley Stream, NY 11581
Title: Retail Recruiter
Company: Luxury Category CPG Retailer
Location: Long Island/NY
- Attracting talented, high-energy, retail minded individuals to join all levels of our retail team.
- Develop plan for sourcing appropriate candidates, conducting the interview process, and extending offers to selected candidates.
- Develop recruitment strategies for each open position in partnership with management
- Create and maintain recruitment tracking reports.
- Partner with local colleges and organizations
- Maintain internal candidate data base and effectively utilize database when filling positions.
- Liaison between the HR Department and the General Managers
- Gain a thorough understanding of job descriptions and requirements to aid in sourcing.
- Continual sourcing of candidates through personal network, database, cold-calls and web searches
- Taking viable candidates through screening, interviewing, coordinating and scheduling interviews for hiring managers when needed.
- Stay abreast of retail industry trends, development and changes.
- Follow-up on progress of recent hires to evaluate success in their position and cultural fit in the organization to identify strengths & weaknesses of searches
- Maintain relationships with staffing agencies and Vendors.
- Maintain recap reports on staffing
- Must be able to develop and nurture relationships with operation teams and HR lead is a must.
- Other HR projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Must be able to travel in area of responsibility.
- 2-3+ years’ experience in recruiting/HR background and experience in a large Retail, Luxury Retail or Retail Corporate environment a MUST.
- Possess a passion and understanding for the retail industry.
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills.
- Strong project management skills, including planning for and tracking recruiting metrics.
- Must be able to work with a sense of urgency and multi task.
- Able to embrace change with enthusiasm and work as part of a collaborative team.
- Solid computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and the Internet.
- Experience using staffing systems and tools including relational database applicant tracking systems, the internet, job boards and LinkedIn.
- High level of energy, creativity, and independent thinking.
- Personal vehicle is a must.