108 W 39th st New York, NY 10018
Title: Retail Accountant
Company: RTW Luxury Multinational Fashion Brand
Location: New York, NY
Duties and responsibilities:
Act as point of contact of Finance, Administration and Credit Control areas based in HQ, giving support in developing several administrative tasks locally, including:
- Checks classifying, register and accounting;
- Invoices reception and processing;
- Mail processing;
- Expenses processing and reporting;
- Responsible for some HR Administration and payroll processing.
- Introduce and control Purchase Orders
- Lead the local Investment Committee with US MD.
- Define and introduce more efficient accounting and administration procedures between US and HQ.
- Liaise with HQ supporting accounting team on all matters relating to the US company.
- Liaise with HQ on insurance policies, updating coverage, annual audits for worker compensation
- Responsible for State and local taxes: Sales Tax Resale certificate from stores, Use Tax, payments, local requirements…
- Support to audit requirements from IRS in coordination with Tax team in BCN.
- Support with Corporate Income Tax in coordination with Tax team in BCN.
- Inventory control, training on key control processes, general financial and audit support to the stores.
- Control of sales orders and cancellations, payment terms, overdues…
- Coordinate the cash closings (support documentation, issue resolution...)
HR Payroll and Administration
- Data preparation for each payroll to send to Payroll Partner and validation before executing the payment.
- Review and follow up of Company Benefits: Health Insurance, 401K and others
- Prepare and report timely and accurately HR Administration Forms according to Federal, State and Local Regulations
- Advise employees on any HR Administration issue that they can have
- Maintain HR database updated and Report occasionally to HQ HR Team local HR and payroll information.
Skills & Experience
- BSc in Business Administration or similar
- At least 3 years’ experience in Payroll processing and HR background, developing several administrative tasks in fast paced multinational environment.
- Used to multitask and adapt to changes
- Excellent computer skills are required
- Great ability to communicate and teamworker