108 W 39th St New York, NY 10018
- Responsible for presenting new concepts and ideas to the design team at direction of Head Designer.
- Sketch into fabric groups and develop new designs seasonally.
- Work into early season launch to balance development calendar and critical time lines.
- Assist and support design team at all stages of the design/development process
- Assist designers in sketching and managing design changes throughout the season
- Attend fittings - take note of changes and update sketches after each fitting as needed
- Create and update overviews, line sheets, and design boards - maintaining all design information
- Work with team in creating artwork layouts, print placement, and color-up CADs to facilitate TPs
- Develop and document ideas through research/ vintage shopping
The Ideal Candidate
- 4+ years relevant experience
- A degree in Fashion Design
- Excellent design and sketching skills with ability to communicate design ideas
- Strong knowledge of garment construction and textiles
- Collaborative approach and creative eye
- Proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Excellent communication and organization skills