. Santa Fe, NM 87507
Company Description: music, arts + entertainment venue
Location: Santa Fe, NM - remote with relo required in the future!
- Work closely with Project and Program Management teams and all department managers to coordinate company purchase requests.
- Manage, mentor, lead, and direct Purchasing team including hiring, training, establish and maintain KPIs for all levels of procurement activities such as supplier performance, supplier quality, internal order placement performance, buyer activity levels, financial (AP) performance, and material shortage elimination.
- Contract management including administration, develop and implement purchasing and contract management instructions, policies, and procedures, bidding process including preparing specification, evaluating bids, and making recommendations, negotiate/renegotiate with vendors, review, file evaluate, analyze, and ensure compliance with government regulations such as vendor debarment and suspension regulation.
- Research and evaluate vendors/contracts to ensure it is in compliance with government regulations, evaluate vendors to ensure its performance is aligned with established specifications, evaluate order and bid documentation, negotiate, and execute purchase orders or vendor contracts as needed to support the critical business needs.
- Review and maintain a good record of purchasing files and records (purchase orders, contracts, etc.) to ensure its compliance with company policies and procedures and ensure the availability of documentation.
- Report to management the measurable status of progress and corrective actions as it pertains to supplier performance.
- Strategically develop and implement commodity and supply chain strategies covering all commodities, services, and supplier processes throughout the company to deliver maximum value, leverage, and standardization.
- Lead organization to drive cost out by managing commodity and negotiation strategies including terms and conditions, supplier selection/de-selection, evaluation and rationalization of supply chain solutions, including vendor managed inventory (VMI), and supplier consignment.
- Manage materials savings initiatives in line with profit plan and overall business objectives.
- Able to maintain and track separate project purchase orders.
- Special projects and/or other duties as assigned.
- Completed Bachelor's in Purchasing, Operations Management, or a related field.
- Min. 5-7+ years' progressive experience in purchasing and sourcing with experience in retail, hotel, theme parks, and themed instillation projects.
- Knowledge of Tenants Improvements (TI) and attraction/exhibition (themed environments) preferred.
- NAPM (A.P.P. C.P.M.) or APICS (CPIM, CIRM) certification preferred.
- Must demonstrate a successful track record meeting cost reduction targets
- Strong computer skills, ideally with experience using Windows-based PC programs.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, with awareness of deadlines.
- Ability to identify processes needing improvement, and to recommend improvements.
- Maintain positive and informative relationships with vendors and contractors to uphold the reputation of the company and company representatives.
- Communication skills: Active listening, verbal, written. Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos, ability to write correspondence, effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to residents.
- Mathematical skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, understand and adhere to the department budget, financial analysis, financial documents including but not limited to Statement of Cash Flow, P&L, Budgets, etc.
- Reasoning skills: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Problem solving: Ability to problem solve using sound judgment and communicating with appropriate personnel.
- Physical demands: The physical demands here are representative of those met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to handle, or hold objects, reach with hands and arms. Must be able to speak. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Competitive Salary Base
- Health Insurance Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Observed Company Holidays