Product Line Manager
2440 S. Sepulveda Blvd Los Angeles, CA 90064
Title: Product Line Manager
Company: Sports equipment liscensing company
Location: Los Angeles
The purpose of this position is to assist in the creation of brand-inspired, consumer-right athletic and team socks, based on the strategy and goals set by the Category Director. The key accountabilities of the position are to see through the product line deliverables working together with the designer, developer, marketing and sales team members. The nature of the work is focused on consumer insights, assortment planning, data analysis and product management activities.
- Responsible for assisting the creation of integrated, profitable, and relevant product assortments and expressing the category vision in the market place.
- Analyzes and helps guide market needs based on consumers, customers, competition, and channels to assort relevant seasonal product line plans.
- Owns PTC work, catalog copy, margin sheet accuracy, responsible for building Biz Object reports and other data sheets to analyze business.
- Assists in developing the necessary consumer research and market research to guide decisions.
- Participates in functional discussions and initiatives across departments; notes details, changes and follow up steps plus maintains accurate data base.
- Builds support tools to ensure product initiatives and product details are effectively communicated to the Sales force and other relevant groups.
- Prepares for meetings, sets showroom direction.
- Provides regular updates of marketplace realities (product and merchandising needs, consumer trend, and competition landscape).
- Communicates trends and makes recommendations for relevant social media outlets, trend blogs and events.
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally in Business, Marketing or a related field
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; ability to clearly articulate goals and objectives
- Creative, innovative, self-motivated, results oriented and excellent problem solver
- Strong information seeking skills and drive to make things happen; ability to work independently
- Ability to multi-task and good time management skills
- Strong organizational, leadership and presentation skills
- Strong brand understanding and ability to envision a premium consumer experience from product concept through in-store presence
- Experienced in PowerPoint and Excel
- Keys to success: accountability, collaboration, communication, organization, creativity